How does it work?
- Remember all of those tricky math courses that you took in high school (linear algebra, geometry and trigonometry)? You’ve got the right idea. We combine the readings from the sensors in your mobile device (GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, barometer and camera) using complex mathematical formulas to determine which home you snapped.
- You can snap any home! Homesnap pulls active listings from the local MLS where we are a member.
- For homes not on the market or where we are not a member of a particular MLS, we show property records pulled from county public information through a 3rd party vendor.
How to snap a home:
- Open the app on your phone. (location services must be enabled on the app, if they are not, the app will prompt you to enable them, if no prompt comes up, see the bottom of this section to see how to enable them for your device.)
- Click CAMERA icon in the top right corner of the screen
- Frame your shot of the Home
- (the app uses GPS location and the direction your phone is facing to locate the property information, if it is not able to locate the specific property, it will bring up a map of your location and you can choose the property you are searching for.)
Share Photos Anonymously
- When this setting is OFF, other Homesnap users will not be able to see an anonymous copy of the photos that you've snapped.
- When this setting is ON, other Homesnap users will be able to see an anonymous copy of the photos that you've snapped. The photos will not be attributed to you, unless you are friends with the other user.
Share a snap with a client:
- Snapping a home can only be done on the mobile app
- Once you have snapped the home you want to send, click the UPLOAD button (this is a box with an upward arrow).
- You will be given the option to text message, mail, tweet or post the snap to Facebook.
How to delete a snap:
- Click on the "ME" tab in the bottom right hand corner of the app
- Tap on the "More"
- Tap on "View Snaps"
- Click the three buttons on the snap you would like to remove
- An option will pop up for you to "Delete"
- Click “Delete”
- Your Snap has now been deleted, you may need to refresh your screen
Additional Information about snaps/snapping a home:
- All photos are public by default which means they may be visible to anyone who uses Homesnap or visits homesnap.com. However, public photos are not attributed to you unless viewed by somebody in your network.
- Additionally, we do have a special privacy option that restricts your anonymous photos from being shared publicly. Visit “My Settings” to adjust your privacy option - th
- Stealth mode lets you take a picture even when you are not right in front of a house. It provides an aerial view of homes in the area from which you can choose a property as your snap.
- It typically takes about 24 hours for your snaps to show up on your profile. Please note: make sure to always hit "Save My Snap" after taking a snap so it is guaranteed to show on your profile.
- Homesnap renders the best location results when the user is facing the front exterior of the home. This service is based on location and results may vary and need adjusting