How to point your custom domain to your Homesnap Pro+ Real Estate Website?
If you're using GoDaddy, Google, or NameCheap as your domain registrar, see links below. For Others, please continue reading.
If you’re using your own domain to your Homesnap’s Real Estate Website, you will need to change both your A-Record (IP address) and CNAME (hosting platform) to Homesnap’s settings. Please follow the steps below to change the settings of your domain provider, if you run into any trouble, we suggest you call your domain provider’s support team.
To map your domain to Homesnap, you’ll need to log into your domain provider’s website and change the A-Record and CNAME. These can usually be found within the Domain Name Systems (DNS) section or the DNS Zone File.
A Record Settings
- Step 1: Check to see if you have A Record with Host Name @
- If yes, update the IP Address to 188.8.131.52
- If no, create a new A Record with Host Name @ and IP Address pointing to 184.108.40.206
- Step 2: Check to see if you have CNAME with Name 'www'
- If yes, make sure the value is set to @
- If no, create a new A Record with Host Name 'www' and IP Address pointing to 220.127.116.11
Once these changes are made, it may take 12-24 hours for Homesnap to see the changes and create your website.
How to update A Record from Domain Registrars
If you’ve made all these changes and your website still isn’t working, please check for these following issues:
- Caching: Your browser might have stored a local cached version of your website on the browser. Try clearing your cache, use a new browser, test in incognito/private mode, or test the site on mobile device.
- Propagation: DNS updates you made may take longer to propagate depending on your domain provider. Typically it takes around 4-6 hours to propagate. Please test to make sure everything has propagated using www.WhatsMyDNS.com.
- Error in Homesnap settings: Make sure the domain you’ve provided to Homesnap matches the domain you’ve purchased with your domain provider.
Whois.com: Find out where a domain is registered and the status of a domain
WhatsMyDNS.net: Check the current DNS records of a domain